Thursday, September 13, 2007

THE PLUM TREE

This is our little plum tree. We have been waiting for this day - prunes to pick. It really outdid itself this year and we will enjoy the canned fruit this winter. For such a little tree it really did produce well. The birds were enjoying the plumbs too so I hung a couple of old cd's on the tree to scare them away. I read that this really works. I haven't noticed any birds around the tree so maybe it did. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and pick the fruit and can it.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I'm not sure if it's the angle that you took this photo at, but that really is a little tree! I'm glad it produced some fruit for you this year. When did you plant the tree?

I like the cd idea. We're trying to attract birds to our trees. I have a feeder in each one. I haven't SEEN any birds come to visit, but there is seed missing. Maybe the neighbor kids are coming over for a snack. :-)

Lee and Sharon said...

We actually planted this tree about 7 years ago or so. It really is taller than I am though but the fruit is easy picking.

I think the missing seed is a good sign that someone was there. That is my problem now - we like feeding the birds and they like eating our fruit. They are now harvesting our grapes. They are rascals. I actually haven't been feeding the birds all summer because they can get seeds and stuff they like. When winter comes then I feed them and they really gobble it up.