Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm the Big Brother

Davis is learning what Big Brother means and all of the responsibilities linked to that title. When Jack comes home he will soon know so much more how he can help. My time in Portland was so fun and it took me a whole week to warm up to Davis but in the end it was great. We had several trips to the hospital and I sat in the back of the car with him and we talked about lots of stuff and shared treats. It is a 45 minute drive to the hospital so that gave us quite a bit of conversation time. He likes going to the Play Room at the hospital while Mindy goes to see Jack. There are lots of toys and some bikes and a train track that he especially likes. It's on the Ped. floor for children in the Ped. Unit but others are welcome to use it as well. It reallly worked well for what we needed. Evan and I would take turns staying with Davis and visiting Jack. Thanks for letting me be part of your family for awhile. I love'd it.

No comments: