Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Inside the Lodge

There are two levels of rooms and on the main floor a huge fireplace. It felt so good to sit by the fireplace and get warm. I read that the artist Charles M. Russell actually drew the pictographs on the edges of the fireplace. The lodge is decorated like a hunting lodge sort of. It has 100 rooms in the main building. Also cabins and an adjacent motor inn. There is a gift shop, pizzeria, lounge and restaurant. We had lunch in the restaurant and it was buffalo burgers. The only buffalo we saw the whole trip. Darn. They were very good by the way.

4 comments:

Andy said...

You are very brave to eat buffalo. I don't think I could ever try it. Man, that fireplace is huge!

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

ha ha, i like buffalo did you like it? I agree with andy, the fireplace is huge, must be big logs around there!

Lee and Sharon said...

Yes. I think the logs that were burning in the fireplace would have lasted all day.

Erin McSpadden said...

what a fun trip mom! you guys can buy ground buffalo in grocery stores up here tastes similar to beef and it is better for you, no hormones or any of that bad stuff
love the fireplace too
great picts mom