Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Ross Creek Giant Cedars

Between Libby and Sandpoint there is a cedar grove that you can walk through. It is about 4 miles off the highway and deep into the forest. I was surprised by the amount of visitors that were there and even one car from Tennessee. The guy kind of looked like a hippy/backwoodsie person and fit the surroundings perfectly. The grove was cool (in scenery and temperature). You just walk down the trail and read the signs or stop and sit awhile to take in the beauty. The signs told how all areas of a forest have their purpose - even trees that have fallen in a creek. Dad's tree has a wart on it, my tree has one too and I think it was actually two trees in one. The pict. of us by the rock slide told about the lichens and moss on the rocks and their purpose in the forest.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Those are some huge trees! I have always wanted to go and see the giant redwoods in California too.

Lee and Sharon said...

Yea, me too. These weren't that big but they were bigger than I had ever seen. There was a little creek that ran throughout this grove too. Here we actually saw some chipmunks. Yea for the animals!!