Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our New Missionary

What a wonderful night this was.   CJ was so nervous for this day and when it came time for his big moment he was even more nervous.   He opened the envelope and read his letter aloud - trying hard to keep his composure.  ( He and I were the only ones that cried)
I think he figured on Brazil but when he actually read the real words it finally stuck him that he had been called for sure.
Cory gave him a Father's Blessing afterwards and then we had cake for dessert.
I think he said there were 5 boys he knew that were already in Brazil and 8 from his stake.  They must have work to be done there.  His friend, JT, came over to support him.  JT is also going to Brazil.
We are so excited and thrilled for this young man.

2 comments:

Andy said...

How exciting for him! And what a great photo of Cory - he's so handsome :-) That's pretty amazing that so many boys from up there are going to Brazil. We have missionaries in Central America and Europe - none in Brazil.

Kris said...

So cool! I'm so excited for him. And it will be fun for Ben to be able ot speak and write to him in Portugese. So so neat.