
Mindy, Erin, Kristi and I went to a High Tea at Mad Hatties. It is on Sullivan Road and it has been a place I have wanted to try for a long time. This seemed to be the perfect occasion to do just that. As you walk into the tea room you are shown your table and offered to pick out any hat you want to wear to the tea. That was the most fun. As you can see, we each had our own style of hat. We were each served our own pot of herb/fruit tea which we got to pick out ourselves. Then came two
3-tiered trays with tea sandwiches and savories, complimented with fresh fruit, Hatties' popular scones with cream and jam, desserts, tea breads and assorted sweets.
It was definitely a special time for all of us. The girls started telling memory stories and we ended up laughing and crying - - The picture of the room is the adjacent room next to ours. By the time we ended our tea the two rooms were full with guests. It must be a popular place. I would definitely go there again some time.
2 comments:
This tea party was so much fun, Mom! I felt so girly getting dressed up in my hat and picking out my teas. I think we should do it again the next time we're up. Especially the next time Andy comes up!
this was a special day, just us no interuptions.
Post a Comment