
Dad built a dirt sifter that will sift the big rocks out of the dirt for the raised garden bed. He was so excited he called me outside to watch it. He shovels some dirt onto the top of the sifter and turns on the motor and it shakes the dirt through the sifter. The rocks fall off the end and onto the ground- - - - ta dah -
beautiful fine soil for his garden. He says it is much easier than when he did that whole process by hand. He has it about 1/2 done and planted the onions already. He took all of the old soil out and is putting in new in hopes things will grow better. Time will tell.
3 comments:
How very clever! I vaguely remember an old sifter from when I was little - it had a frame made out of 2x4s and the mesh was stapled on I think. I remember playing with it and thinking it was a fun toy. This new sifter is much cooler though dad.
Yes, that is the first one he made but it took muscle power to make it go. Now it is motorized and just shakes the dirt through.
I probably should have name it,
The Shaker. Dad is a hard worker - usually 6am to 6 pm and comes home for a bit of dinner and short nap and then works on the garden or his shop. Then at the end of the day he says - wow, I sure am tired today. A good example for all of us.
very creative and helpful! I remember helping dad fill the first garden and sifting it by hand. shake shake shake and then dump. Dad you are so smart!
Post a Comment